I’m the oldest of 14 children. We have 14 birthdays – well, sort of. We share a lot.
The first 3 of us are all in December, but that’s nothing special.
#4 shares her birthday with #10.
#5 shares with #8.
And the twins? That’s where it really gets tricky. The twins are #12 and #13 (Mom and Dad got a baker’s dozen!). The older twin shares a birthday with her older brother. Twin brother has his own birthday the next day.
My own children’s birthday fell differently.
- The first was born on her grandpa’s 40th birthday.
- The second was born just 2 days before the other grandpa’s birthday.
- The third was born on All Saints’ Day.
- The fourth was born on Memorial Day – we like to say that Memorial Day was Labor Day that year.
- The fifth was our Y2K baby. 1:58 AM, yee-haw! Full color front page spread in the local paper!
- The sixth was born on a great-aunt’s birthday.
- The seventh (our little Sarah who died in utero) was born on Flag Day.
- The eighth was born on the 14th anniversary of our engagement.
The next one is due June 20th…hmmm…my mom’s birthday is just 8 days later. Our #6 was 8 days late.