Here is one of our favorite easy recipes that always seems to get rave reviews. This feeds our 9 with enough leftover to feed Dad lunch the next day.
Small families may need to cut the recipe down, or freeze half.
Cook and drain 2-3 lbs. of ground beef or sausage in a large stock pot
- 1 large can cream of chicken soup
- 1-2 cans black beans
- 1-2 cans corn and/or ranch beans (optional)
- 1 can rotel tomatoes or 1 cup salsa (for milder flavor, try diced tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
Heat and stir.
In a large greased roaster (or 2 9×13 pans), layer as follows:
- tortillas cut to fit, or corn chips
- 1/2 of meat sauce
- grated cheese (cheddar or col-jack is good)
Heat in a 325 oven til bubbly, about 25 minutes.