I’ve been slacking, and not just in blogging. I’m spending a lot of time lolling about on my bed or the couch.
I’m sinking into the miry slough of morning sickness.
And by the way, whose idea was it to call it “morning” sickness? I am icky and queasy ’round the clock. The fridge is utterly creepy to me (all that food!), and thoughts of meal planning and preparation make my innards cringe.
Now, with all that said, let me add a few more thoughts:
- At 9 weeks, I have only thrown up once (there’s that recurring topic of mine!)
- I have a helpful husband and helpful children who can take care of both me and the younger children, so I am free to lie down whenever the nausea becomes overpowering – which is a lot.
- I have intelligent and observant husband and children, who realize that I often feel better when somebody helpfully shoves a snack in my face even though I don’t really think I want it.
- Morning sickness reminds me of the blessing that is growing inside me – I can’t ever forget I’m pregnant while my stomach is churning 🙂
- Morning sickness encourages me that the hormones are going strong; I mentioned before that 2 of my 3 morning-sickness-free pregnancies ended in early miscarriages.
- This morning sickness is nothing compared to what I experienced with my first pregnancy, or even the next 3 after that; I am so grateful that I only experienced sickness of that magnitude with my first! Being a little sick now reminds me of how very sick I’m not.
And now I’m off to find a snack. Yuck.