Baby boy updates

Our little man made 3 exciting discoveries yesterday:

• He can now scoot about rather efficiently on his bottom, getting from room to room in an upright sitting position. This works nicely with his talent for spinning.
  • He can pull himself to his feet.
  • He…well…he leaned over his fat little belly in the bath tub and saw something for the first time. Something of his. I could tell by the look he gave me that he thought it was a really cool and hilarious appendage.

Photo SharingUpload VideoVideo SharingShare PhotosHis vocabulary consists of his own versions of Dad, Mom, dog, kitty, an occasional appropriate poo and yuck, and something that sounds like boo. I’ll leave that to your imagination, but I know exactly what it means.
He also sings Gaaaahhhhh during the doxology at church (as in, Praise Gaaaahhhhhd from whom all blessings flow) and Aaaaahhhhhhh during the Gloria Patri (as in, Aaaaahhhhmen)
Notice his emphatic clapping each time he stops scooting. I’m dangling a plain leftover pancake in front of him, and he is responding with his version of sign language for “please.” My daughter thought I might be able to pass the treat off as a cookie, but I don’t want to be a phony. I ate all the cookies myself. I’m real like that.

Comments

1. RuthSean says:

Very cute baby! I think it’s great to put video on blogs. Just love babies. Like the whole family blogging. Keep up the good work. Just found you guys today, will show my husband when he gets home this evening. Would like for my son who is almost 9 to join up but he isn’t saved yet. will look into it. God bless. my blog is … http://ruthsean.blogspot.com Ruth-from Ireland.

2. CappuccinoLife says:

He is sooooo adorable. 🙂

3. Joyce's Ramblings says:

Kim,
    I only had snap shots. My in-laws had a few home movies but they were only seen when we were at their home. It was the evening entertainment. My kids and I moved away from them so I didn’t get to see them very often. My memory works really well when I go back 40 years.

4. Joyce,
    I love the videos that our little digital camera takes. It’s not really made to do video, so they are nothing fancy. There is no sound and they are a little “choppy” so they remind me of the old Super 8 videos that people used to take. (Is that what they’re called?)

5. a suburban housewife says:

Kim,
    I love the “slap my chest to say please” sign. I remember how my children “shortened” sign language as babies. That is more precious to me than seeing it done the right way!!!

6. HomemakerAng says:

thanks for the update! have a great day!

7. Joyce's Ramblings says:

Kim,
    Since my youngest was born in 1966 your pictures brought backhappy memories. Enjoy!!
    God Bless

8. Christine says:

What a precious boy! He is so cute how he scoots to get something! Blessings!

9. Catherine says:

I thought what you were handing him was a sugar cookie until I read otherwise.