I have figured out that since I usually shop on Monday or Tuesday, it makes sense for me to plan the menu at least through next Monday.
- Monday – oats
- Tuesday – pancakes
- Wednesday – muffins
- Thursday – egg & cheese breakfast burritos
- Friday – cream of wheat
- Saturday – sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs
- Sunday – leftover pizza
- Monday – oats
- Monday – leftover jambalaya
- Tuesday – ramen noodles. Lest you think we eat these all the time, we haven’t actually had them in the last few weeks. I keep putting it off because everyone loves them and we don’t want to have them on a day that one of the girls is gone.
- Wednesday – quesadillas. Bean and cheese, unless for some incredible and unforseen reason we manage to have leftover taco meat from Monday’s dinner.
- Thursday – double decker PB&J
- Friday – leftovers
- Saturday – [brunch, above]
- Sunday – funnel cakes in the evening
- Monday – beanie weenies. Somehow we’ve managed to skip this 2 weeks in a row. Maybe I should just give up on it.
- Monday – taco salad
- Tuesday – [family potluck at our house] swiss burgers. These are getting rave reviews, and we still have plenty of cheap ground beef in the freezer.
- Wednesday – bubble-up pizza. Lydia has been begging to make this as a kid-dinner. Hubby and I will have chicken caesar salads again.
- Thursday – steak salad for hubby and me, cheesy chicken & rice casserole for the kiddos. Preseasoned fajita beef is on sale this week.
- Friday – pizza, of course!
- Saturday – beef fajitas. More sale meat. mmmm!
- Sunday – sausage spaghetti. Kait requested this, and I think it might go over well at church for the weekly fellowship meal.
- Monday – cheesy chicken patties. This is a recipe I’ve been meaning to try for quite a while. I just hope I can either find the recipe or remember enough to wing it.
Now to write a shopping list and get out the door. Note to self: hurry up!