Thanks for your helpful response to a reader’s question about encouraging blogs by Christian homeschooling dads.
For your convenience, I’ve compiled the suggestions here in alphabetical order, along with a short description taken from each website:
- At Land’s End: A rootin’ tootin’ army sax player, killer of spiders, tucker in of little girls and boys, bringer home of bacon…
- Doug’s Blog: a daily log and online journal from Doug Phillips
- Engage the Culture!: This is the weblog of George W. Sarris, actor, narrator and master storyteller.
Mr. Sarris has a unique one man show called The World’s Greatest Stories From The World’s Greatest Book that he performs around the US.
- Familyman Ministries: Familyman Ministries started with this mission: “to remind dads of what’s most important.” How to accomplish this mission has grown, along with the ministry. The original weekly email (the Familyman Weekly) sent out to just over a hundred dads is now sent out to thousands of dads across the country.
- Generations with Vision: Kevin Swanson was raised and homeschooled by his parents on the Japanese mission field in the 1960′s and 70′s. After graduating from homeschooling, Kevin attended a large California university where he was elected student body president by a student body of 17,000. He and his wife, Brenda, are now homeschooling their five children…
- Iron 2 Iron: Robert Spurgeon
- KenPierpont.com I have been married to Lois, my college sweetheart since 1979. We have eight children, four sons and four daughters, a daughter-in-law, and a grandson. I am a third-generation pastor…
- the Mango Times: …Enjoy it for what it is, a snapshot into the life of one God fearing, Christ loving, wife smooching, chicken chasing, dog loving, wine drinking, schwinn cruising, vw driving, jimmy buffett listening, tooth grinning dentist and homeschooling dad!
- Maxwell Family Blog: We are the Maxwells! We have been homeschooling since 1985, and it’s been a wonderful, delightful, and challenging journey.
- Mike’s Blog: Born in sin, I was graciously rescued from the grip of hell at age five. Since then I have actively shared the Gospel with as many as the Lord has called me to. The Lord has blessed me with a beautiful wife and seven children so far. This is the congregation He has given me. May I teach them in the manner in which He would be well pleased.
- Parenting with an Eternal Perspective: I am amazed by grace! Why? Because grace has been given to me in so many ways. A wife – who loves me in spite of my faults. Kids who forgive me when I mess up. Friends who encourage me! But more then all of that… A God who made a way for us to have eternal life – instead of the death we deserve!
- Scott Brown online: I write this blog to be an encouragement to families, and particularly fathers. In it you will find thoughts on culture, the news, church and home life.
- Truth in Love: (Voddie Baucham Ministries) Voddie Baucham wears many hats. He is a husband, father, pastor, author, professor, conference speaker and church planter. He currently serves as Pastor of Preaching at Grace Family Baptist Church in Spring, TX…
- Vaughnshire Farm: A multi-generational vision for advancing the Kingdom of Christ
Can you think of any notable omissions? Leave a comment to let me know!by