Some very dear friends of ours are having a conference on July 10/11 in Columbus, Ohio: Christian Families at the Crossroads, and we have the privilege of helping one family attend for free! Scroll down for details on the giveaway.
The Botkins say:
Come visit our family! Our home has always been a place of fun, fellowship, discipleship and teaching, and is usually bursting at the seams. For July 10th and 11th, we’ve rented a bigger living room — the ballroom of the Hilton Columbus at Easton hotel — and we would like to invite you in and get to know you there.This intimate two-day event is designed to welcome you into our “home” and our family’s life. You will hear from all of us, and have opportunities to ask the hard questions of everyone in the family, on issues ranging from discipleship, to relationships, to the economy, to church life, to dating, to college and more.A few of the topics we’ll be covering:
- How Christian families can be triumphant in any 21st Century culture
- What does a father-led family look like?
- What children wish their parents would teach them.
- How to tell if your church might ruin your family.
- Why do churches have a hard time defining spiritual maturity?
- What weak churches need that strong churches have.
- The most dangerous sin traps for young adults.
- What is the best way for children to recognize their gifts and become all they can be?
- What to do when your children lead a double life.
- Does the Bible say anything about dating?
- What is courtship supposed to look like?
- What does a lost son, or daughter, look like?
- How to tell when your children are headed for spiritual shipwreck.
- What does a well-educated young adult look like?
- What does the Bible mean by “godly seed”?
- What is going to happen to the American economy and life in the city?
- Why Christians can have hope in the midst of economic depression and judgment.
- What the average dad can do about a weak church or a confused church.
- What does it look like when brothers and sisters love and serve one another?
- Why is it hard for girls to find the balance between flirting and shunning?
- What responsibilities do young women have toward young men? Is it possible for teenagers of the opposite sex to be “just friends”?
- Is college necessary in the 21st century?
- What should be the definition of success for the 21st Century?
- Will today’s home schoolers be more spiritually mature than their parents, or less? And does it matter?
- Why all children must make the honoring of their parents a life priority, and how it looks to honor one’s parents.
Go to www.westernconservatory.com/ohio-crossroads/ for more information.
Hope to see you there!
This is a very moderately priced conference – especially if you register before June 22 – but we get to help one family go for free! You can enter several ways. To enter our giveaway for a free family pass, just do any or all of the following:
- Leave a comment telling which topic above interests you the most, and why.
- Blog about the conference, including the link above and a link to this giveaway. Come back and leave a comment with the url of your post to let us know.
- Facebook and/or Twitter the conference and/or this giveaway. Come back and leave a comment with the url of your post to let us know.
We’ll take entries until June 25, and will announce a winner soon thereafter, but you might not want to wait that long and miss the early-bird savings on registration. Just think: if you win after you already registered, you could give your gift to friends and attend together.
Here’s another chance to win your free family pass: Giveaway at Old Paths
And speaking of giveaways, did you enter our own fabulous giveaway yet? We’re having a 40% off sale and one reader will win up to $400 in 400 year old Bible pages!by Did you enjoy this post? Please share it with your friends!