edited to fix the unmatched fonts, because it was making my left eye twitch. all fonts must match.
We’re planning to hit the road Wednesday afternoon, and the last 2 days have been full of preparations.
- Book orders and Geneva Bible Page orders have been shipped.
- Extra feed has been purchased and animal care is planned. The Yorkie has gone to visit her favorite neighbor lady, who lets her sleep on the bed. The other dog is learning to use the auto-waterer in the outdoor run, which is in a nice shady spot. She doesn’t approve of the outdoor run, but she doesn’t have a choice.
- Errands are done. Lots of errands.
- Bags are packed.
- A few essential kitchen items are set out and ready to go: roaster, crockpot, 9×13 baking dish, 8 qt. stock pot filled with a small stack of plates/bowls/cups/silverware, baking powder, salt, coffee beans & grinder. We’ll buy groceries when we get there.
- I even bought a new card reader so we could upload photos again, and disposable diapers so we can have a little vacation from swishing things in the toilet.
We just need our van. Will it be ready?
- Wednesday: drive to Waco to visit and spend the night with my brother and his family.
- Thursday afternoon: Press on to Fort Worth and stay with the Reins of Ah, The Life.
- Friday morning: Visit our blog friend Jeana. Descend upon her house at lunchtime like a cloud of locusts.
- Friday afternoon: Get together with any and all readers in the area at Grace Fellowship Church from 1-3 PM. Bring a snack. Children are welcome. If you have more than 14 children, please call for reservations. I’m kidding, though we might stare at you if you do show up with more than 14 children. But you’re probably used to that, right?
- Friday evening: Spend the night with friends in Weatherford. I think. We still need to confirm this.
- Saturday morning: onward and upward to Branson. The girls would love to schedule a quick visit with a favorite author and friend of theirs in the Plano area on our way out of town, though we haven’t contacted him yet.