It’s official. We now have 3 teens in the house. Not content with 3, hubby is counting down to the day we’ll have 5 teenaged daughters at the same time. But is it just my imagination, or is there a haunted look in his eye when he contemplates those days? hmmm…
Lydia turned 13 yesterday, but I took her out for a birthday trip earlier in the week since I was going to be in town anyway. At her request, we visited several thift stores and used bookstores. This is my children’s idea of a perfect shopping trip, and I love it!
Then we splurged and split her first-ever prime rib dinner at Outback Steak House. I say we splurged, but the entire meal was just over $20, including tax and tip. I’m not sure introducing her to prime rib was such a great idea, since she enjoyed it just as much as hubby and I do. Expensive taste isn’t always a good thing. But prime rib is always a good thing. Oh, yes it is.
13 Memories for Lydia
- Remember when you used to play hide-and-seek with Cinder the cat? You always chose the cat’s hiding places. I’m not sure we ever convinced you just how much the cat despised this game.
- Remember the nickname we used to tease you about loving animals to the point of cruelty?
- Remember when your sisters convinced you that they were going to bury you in the 4′ pit they dug in the backyard?
- Remember when you were too short to turn on the bathroom light? You would leave the door open for light, and short chubby little Megan would grin and slam the door, leaving you in total darkness.
- Remember when somebody wrote your name with a rock on Grandpa C’s van? But it wasn’t you, was it?
- Remember when you wedged toothpicks upright into Grandpa B’s chair? And he actually sat on them?
- Remember when we were learning about Egypt and you got to be the mummy, all wrapped up in toilet paper? Everyone wanted to be the mummy, and then you got too scared to go through with the job.
- Remember when you helped a certain young aunt eat a cheesy stone-fried stick bug?
- Remember when Deanna dressed you up like an Indian? And years later, she found the old pics and posted them to the blog? And dad was shocked and made her take them down.
- Remember when you woke up and found your pet caterpillar all wrapped up in tape-y stuff? And you unwrapped him to save him? Poor lil guy.
- Remember the stink bombs from Grandma’s old barrel of rotten horse grain?
- Remember when you and your sisters tried to drown the rats out of the walls of the upstairs bathroom?
- Remember when you threw a peanut shell in another customer’s drink at Texas Roadhouse?
Do you remember all those, Lydia? We do. Happy birthday!