Yesterday, hubby took 5 children to work and left me with 2 sick ones plus the baby. Hmm. Math moment: 5 + 2 + 1 does not = 9. We’re missing a kid somewhere, aren’t we? He left me with 2 littles and 2 sickos.
It must be spring. Despite the absence of able-bodied helpers, I washed and hung out loads of laundry all by my pregnant-self, washed the curtains, changed diapers, hosed out the grubby laundry bins, refilled the hummingbird feeder, and cooked 3 – count ’em – 3 meals all by myself. Yes, I had a smattering of help here and there, but for the first time in a long while, I did most of the work myself.
Ten years ago when I had only little children, this would not have been a noteworthy day. Ten years ago, everything was my job, even if I had “helpers” who, just between you and me, were no real help at all.
These days, I really am spoiled. I am reminded of that nearly every day, but especially when my back and torso are aching and weary from a modest days’ work.
I am currently enjoying one of my easiest pregnancies ever, in spite of the fact that it’s my 13th pregnancy in 16 years and I’m only a few short years from my 40th birthday. I don’t think it’s my superb physical condition (exercise? what’s that?). I credit my husband and children for making it easy on me, and I thank my Lord for every precious one of them.
Upcoming topics for 4 Moms 35 Kids
- March 25 Outings/shopping with only littles
- April 1 Kitchen/food budgeting
- April 8 Menu planning/shopping
- April 15 Cooking from scratch – what you make from scratch and how you get it all done
- April 22 Recipe swap – We’ll all post a couple of our favorite, budget friendly, feed a crowd recipes and a Mr. Linky so that readers can participate by contributing their own recipes. When you share your link on one of our blogs, it will show up on all 4! How fun is that?!
- March 18 – Live-blog day, in which all 4 of us live-blog a real day in our home. Find out what we really do all day. It’s our own reality show, just for you. Who needs TV?