Thank you to everyone who takes time to comment. I do appreciate receiving comments, but on rare occasions I have to delete a few. It’s only fair to tell you why and when that might happen.
While we welcome dissenting opinions, these are also the comments most likely to be deleted. I consider this blog to be my home on the web. As such we like to keep an open house, but that doesn’t mean that anyone who comes along can stomp inside and behave however they want. We do our best to keep the atmosphere welcoming to all, but especially to our friends. We are responsible for the tone and nature of the discussion on our blog and will delete comments if we feel it is necessary.
Your comment may be deleted if:
- We deem it crude, aggressive, slanderous or needlessly offensive to our family, friends, readers, or other commentors.
- You are a known or suspected internet troll, regardless of the nature of your current comment.
- You’ve never had an approved comment on our blog before and your current comment is highly critical. My friends might get away with this in my living room; strangers will be quietly shown the door.
- Your comment opens a big fat can of worms and I’m simply too busy at the moment to answer it. I’m sorry, but let’s face it; I can’t leave worms crawling around my living room floor.
If you don’t think any of the above applies, there are 2 more possibilities:
- You’re new around here, and your comment is waiting to be approved. Please don’t let that discourage or offend you. Hang around and you’ll be on our list of regulars in no time!
- The spam filter is working overtime today. Sorry. Sometimes Fil is overzealous.