Welcome back to the weekly 4 Moms post, in which 4 moms with a collective total of 35 children share our knowledge, experience and and helpful tips in maintaining health, order and sanity.
This week we’re going to answer your questions again – my favorite 4 Moms topic – and I’m going to do something new. I’m going to do my First Ever Audio Blog! Are you with me, people?
Check out the wisdom being dispensed like cups of juice by the other 3 moms:
And now, the questions. Remember when I begged you all not to ask about potty training? If I was trying reverse psychology, it would have been a grand success. Unfortunately, that’s not what I was trying. C’est la vie, or something like that. We speak more Spanish down here than French.
Listen to the full Q&A session and let me know what you think of my first audio post.
1. Kristin, Rebecca, and JCF all asked for a post on potty training. I guess I’m not getting out of that subject. Specifically, we’re talking about older toddlers who know how to use the toilet but won’t do it consistently.
2. Anna is wondering what to do when your child does wrong in a certain area that you yourself have or have had weakness in.
3. Meg is dealing with interrupting toddlers and wants to know what to expect of a 3.5 and 5yo.
4. SW stumps me when she asks for recommendations for some great Mom/daughter books and toys for her first daughter after 8 sons. By the way, Perry listened and informed me that J.L.C. was in Halloween, not Psycho.
5. Mother of five needs tips to teach her children to work diligently.
6. Lisa wants to know what to do about dishes in a big family: paper, plastic, real, or other?
8. Julianne is curious about our bunk beds. I forgot to mention that we have added safety rails which we were able to order from the manufacturer.
10. Erna asked how I normally spend the first week after the birth of a new child, and whether I prepare your home and family for this particular stage – especially back in the old days when I didn’t have a team of ready helpers.
11. maryjo wants to know how rising prices are affecting our grocery budget.
As they say in show business, that’s a wrap. What do you think? Is the sound quality ok? Do you think I should do it again in the future, or do you prefer to be able to read the entire post? If I do it again, can we call it a podcast? Can anyone guess where my recording studio was? Now I’m full of questions.
Do you have a question you’d like to see or hear on Life in a Shoe? Ask in the comments on this post and I’ll give it my best shot.
Upcoming topics for 4 Moms 35 Kids:
- March 1 – Secret, mainly because we haven’t decided yet. Or if we have, we haven’t told each other.