Welcome back to the weekly 4 Moms post, in which 4 moms with a collective total of 35 children share our knowledge, experience and and helpful tips in maintaining health, order and sanity.
This week we’re talking about teaching little ones to read. Actually, I’m making excuses and the other 3 moms are talking about teaching little ones to read.
Remember the Spice Girls, where each member of the group had her spicy name? Well, in the 4 Moms I’m Excuse Mom. Wanna hear my excuse? Maybe tomorrow. I’m procrastinating on my latest Water Woes post. If I was a super hero, I’d have not one, but two super-powers: Excuses and Procrastination. If you know me in real life, you can quit laughing now. It’s not that funny.
Since I’m not crafting a new post about teaching little ones to read, I’m going to set you up with some links to my previous posts on the subject:
- Phonics the cheapskate way – the nitty gritty of how we do phonics.
- I panic needlessly. Don’t we all? – does your 5yo know all her letters and sounds? Would you think less of me if my didn’t?
- Educational Video Recommendations – my very favorite educational videos, which very nearly did the job for me with some of my children.
- 4 Moms 35 Kids: teaching little ones – scroll past my customary excuses to get to the meat of the post.
And now I’m going to bed, because it’s 1:45 AM. On the bright side, at 1:45 AM last night, I was still outside with a blanket tent, a blow dryer, a geyser, and a wind chill factor of 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Tonight is a definite improvement.
Upcoming topics for 4 Moms 35 Kids:
- February 10 – Cooking with little ones. With, I said. Not Cooking Little Ones. That wouldn’t be nice, even if they are young and tender.
- February 17 – Spending individual time with your children: isn’t the very topic enough to make you feel guilty?
- February 24 – Q & A. Got a question? Leave it in the comments on my last Q&A post. Or you can email me, but I promise you right now I will lose your email and forget to answer your question for 15 months. By then, you probably will have found your own answer.