I’m not going to complain. Really, I’m not. I just want to mention that while working on a weekly 4 Moms post, there may be mitigating factors in the life of a mom of 10.
They might include:
- 2 big girls who are gone for the day.
- A 2yo in the very midst of potty training, who has learned to pee in the potty but not to empty her bladder while doing so. A 2yo can hold an amazing amount of urine, especially when it’s divided into 2 tsp. portions.
- 2 children who desperately want to start learning to play violin. Today. I am the resident violin teacher.
- A nursing baby who is also teething and has just begun to crawl.
- Another child who is teaching herself to play the piano, and has the attention span to spend all day on it. Today.
- One crazy boy.
- Some other kids that I should probably be checking on. I wonder what they’re up to?
Of course I can tell the musical children to take a break and help out, but my ovarian guilt forbids it. I don’t want to discourage them, and they are making great progress. So instead I try to create a 4 Moms post under all the distractions one might imagine.
I can complain, get angry, get frustrated, or just shake my head in wonder at the number of distractions that can occur. Really, it’s amazing. It’s so incredible it’s comical. So I choose to laugh.
C’est la vie.