OK, friends. I have some stuff in my pantry that just isn’t moving, and I want your help.
These are some items that I didn’t buy, so they don’t fit my typical meal plans. What would you do with them? Extra points for emphasis on low/slow carb meals, meatless/low cost, and for using more than one item below in the same meal.
- vermicelli (2 small bags)
- pasta stars (1 small bag)
- crunchy Chinese noodles – We often do fried rice or stir fry over rice, so we could easily use these under or over. Would you do something more creative?
- corn bread stuffing mix (3 largish bags)
- french fried onions – I’ve only ever used these in Thanksgiving green bean casserole, but surely there are other options.
- croutons – We’re big on salads, so we could do the obvious. But again, maybe you have a better idea?
- oyster crackers – Soup weather is just around the corner, but do you have an idea that is appealing during hot weather?
- stove-top stuffing (3 bags of the store brand)
- quinoa (3 cups) – I tried this for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it, but most went bad in the fridge waiting for inspiration on what to actually do with it.
- taco shells – Tacos, of course. Maybe lentil or bean?