I think our search engine traffic is increasing, because every time I look there’s something new and crazy. Or maybe our blog is just getting crazier over time and like attracts like. But that’s not how magnets work: opposites attract. I refuse to take responsibilities for all the crazy search terms that bring people to our blog.
Just in case you’re curious, I’m linking these to show where I think google took the searcher. I hope they found what they were looking for, but in some cases I doubt it.
- my belly button popped out – Yours too, huh? I don’t recommend the bandaid belly button fix unless you’re really, really desperate.
- toddler blanket training – I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this was immediately followed by yet another search about how to remove a toilet tank. I wonder what the toddler flushed this time.
- pregnancy hormones quotes – It’s a brave man who will speak aloud on that subject. Wiser men use body language, like the handing over of chocolate. Then they roll their eyes and mutter under their breath as they walk away, thinking we don’t notice.
- little brother names – When my brothers were little we called them Monster and Butthead. I’m not condoning it, but they deserved it.
- patience when kids fighting chaos in mor – Can’t you just hear this one trailing off as the chaos moves closer? It’s like a zombie apocalypse, and they broke through the door just as the last despairing plea for help went out.
- frappuccino recipe gallon – Why didn’t I think of that?! And all this time I’ve been making one glass at a time.
- reason to have children, immediately followed byscripture verse for patience for mothers – Do ya think somebody’s kids are acting up today?
- scorpion under your pillow – Did you sleep in a fetal position for the rest of the night? I did.
Do you ever check the search terms that lead visitors to your blog? What’s the best one you’ve seen recently?