Thank you to everyone who gave alliterative ideas for naming this weekly feature. I was really on the fence, torn between several suggestions, but here’s what pushed me over the edge: I very recently started including random fun photos of my children, and the idea of a snapshot of my week gave me the idea that I could choose a snapshot of a child that somehow represented my week.
So, I had a crazy week, and it’s not over yet.
Actually, last week was crazy too, but the two have merged in my mind into ONE SUPER CRAZY WEEK. Which really plays nicely with the photo above, don’t you think? Sorry, Inashoe Child. Maybe if I don’t mention your name, nobody will recognize you and you can retain your anonymity.
A few highlights of the last week – er, 2 weeks – er, I don’t know how long because time has lost all meaning.
- I jumped in the van Tuesday morning after checking my email and drove 80 miles to help friends move all day. I brought a few children, dropped some off on the way and picked up others, and we got home about 10 PM that night.
- That night, I stayed up til after midnight finishing another project I had already committed myself to.
- Wednesday: I helped our friends finish moving. I had to leave them to get to VF for a project I was committed to and to take dinner to a recovering friend. Home very late.
- Thursday: we had all my kith and kin over for an impromptu cookout. I have a lot of kith and kin.
- Friday: we all went to my sister’s house 55 miles away for a long, fun, late Friday night celebration.
- Saturday: Perry and most of the older girls left the house at insane o’clock in the morning to go play soccer 50 miles away in insane triple digit temperatures. They do this every Saturday morning. They arrived home just in time for all of us to go to my mom’s house for the Big Family Labor Day Cookout. Got home late, bathed the kids – well, the stinky ones – and prepared food for tomorrow’s church fellowship meal.
- Sabbath: Worship and rest, but we didn’t get home til midnight because we went straight from church to friends’ home and stayed insanely late. Those poor people.
- Monday: a blur. I have no clue what I did all day, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t do stuff. It probably means I did too much. Oh – I remember. Went to town with hubby to research materials and take measurements for repairs on the pastor’s home, mentioned below. Got home after dark.
- Tuesday: our weekly potluck topped 40 people, and poetic justice struck home. Our last 10 guests didn’t leave until midnight. We love them and didn’t mind a bit, but the next morning…
- Wednesday: I got up early with Perry and went to work with him and 3 children, so I could help edit the new Vision Forum catalog. Oooh, good stuff a’comin! Got home around 10 PM.
- Thursday: Cancelled my dentist appointment so we could keep our lunch date with sil and her 3 kids. We get together every Thursday now and take turns hosting. She brought her flute, guitar and xylophone. I broke out my violin, and 2 of the kids played guitars too. Fun! Also worked on food and lodging for a big crew of volunteers who will be doing repairs on our pastor’s house. Perry is heading the project, and I’m in charge of the food.
- Friday: feeding lots of hungry men 50 miles away.
- Saturday: feeding twice as many hungry men 50 miles away. Also preparing dinner for the church fellowship meal tomorrow.
Do you see? Do you see why I have a category called Mom Needs Sleep? Do you see why I use that crazy pic to represent my week? Do you see why I hardly read any blogs all week and have very few links to share? Did you even read this far down the post? Really, did you? Tap, tap. Is this thing on?
Here are my links for the week, a snapshot of my reading for the past 7 days. Enjoy.
[recreading]by Did you enjoy this post? Please share it with your friends!