It’s been a while since I talked about Swagbucks, so it’s time for another nudge. If you’re looking for a way to earn a little money online, this one really works. You won’t get rich on it, but it takes no effort at all to pick up a $5 Amazon gift card every now and then, doing what you already do. Over the past 2 years, we have earned thousands of dollars in Amazon gift cards. There are plenty of other rewards to choose from but – math nerd that I am – I did the numbers and the Amazon and Southwest Airlines gift cards give the most bang for your s’bucks.
There are lots of easy ways to earn swagbucks:
- Anytime you would use google.com for a search, use swagbucks.com instead. You won’t earn points every single time, but you’ll get them regularly and they add up!
- Install the toolbar, or set swagbucks as your primary search engine so that you can just type your search terms into the web address area of your browser.
- If you did #2 above, now you can type in the name of a site you want to visit and swagbucks will search it for you. You might earn points just doing your regular web reading.
- If you like to shop online, check their list of major merchants and you might earn points by making your purchase through their link at the store where you would have shopped anyway, like iTunes, Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, and tons of others.
- Earn swagbucks when you print coupons to redeem in your local grocery store.
Depending on how much time you have and how badly you want to earn money, there are lots of other ways to earn. Some will fit more naturally into your day and online habits than others. Find what works for you!
Your own online activity can provide some $5 cards, but if you tell your friends about it, you might find that you can pick up a $50 Amazon card every now and then. We have redeemed a total of 238 prizes so far, nearly all of them either $5 or $50 Amazon cards. Two years ago, Swagbucks almost entirely funded Christmas for our household. Since then, it has kept us in diapers – well, those of us who need diapers – and paid for our exercise equipment and other Amazon incidentals.
Do you already use Swagbucks? What are your favorite ways to earn?