This week I took up jogging again. It sounds so easy when I say it like that, but the reality is that I haven’t jogged since I puffed, wheezed and stumbled through the last week of Couch to 5K a year ago. I’m almost starting from scratch again, and I feel like this when I finish each “jog”:
I’m using a different program this time, and I plan to take it easier. I put the word jog in quotes because what I’m doing hardly qualifies as jogging: I walk 3.2 mph for 2 minutes, then jog 5.1 mph for 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 10 cycles, trying to cover 2 1/4 miles in 30 minutes, then collapse in the middle of the road because it’s still 1/4 mile to home, and wave away passing vehicles when they stop to ask if I’m ok.
That’s my current routine. Fun, huh? Actually the beautiful fall weather makes it almost fun.
Who am I fooling? I still hate exercise, but I love that I’m feeling better and stronger, and my kids and hubby keep telling me I’m hot.
- What’s a small house? - If a kid falls out every time someone opens the front door, you might have a small house.
- why do scorpions get on beds – The better to sting you, my dear!
- scorpions hide under pillows – Yes. Yes, they do.
- paralyze indecision fear ship empty boxes – I have no idea what that means, but Bob Newhart might be able to help you.
- girl with spiders living under skin- Hubby had that dream once, and it was way scarier than the zombie apocalypse dream I had last night. Scarier for me, I mean. I woke up to him screaming and thrashing around under the sheets. We still tell that story around the figurative family campfire.
- how to get my own room in a 3 bedroom house with 4 people in it – Well, you’ve already got a 50-50 chance. If you’re really serious, I recommend poor personal hygiene and a lot of garlic.
What I’ve been reading, which isn’t much because I was busy getting my ducks in a row for this weekend – oh, but look! A surprise from Google Reader: all the posts I thought I was sharing last week!
What were some of the highlights of your week?