This giveaway has ended. The winner was Emmy W.
I’ve posted in the past about my system for organizing the canned goods in my cabinets, but I have to admit that the more I try to store the less my system works. Did you hear the squeal all the way over at your house when my Cansolidator arrived by FedEx yesterday? I was so excited to get my cabinets organized in a way that will actually stay organized! No more digging to the back of the cabinet to see if we can find a lost and forgotten can of green chiles, tuna or sweetened condensed milk.
After pulling out one can each of our most commonly used canned goods – this showed us the sizes of the spaces we needed to create – we assembled the unit. It sounds hard when I say it that way, but I love this bit of a customer review from the website:
…If you can put legos together you can build this rack. If not give it to your 6 year old and have him build it for you…
I did make one or two mistakes along the way, but those were because I was having too much fun deciding what will go in each slot rather than reading the instructions. [Instructions? Who needs instructions?] Anyway, mistakes were easily fixed. The whole operation took about 4 minutes and no tools at all.
Emptying the cabinet and getting everything put back the way I wanted took a little longer. While we worked, we kept up our strength with yummy freeze-dried strawberries, bananas, and pineapples. I’ve never had such willing workers in all my life!
I wish I had taken before and after pics, but we were too excited to wait for the camera! As soon as I said the word, 3 kids dove headfirst into the cabinet scooping out all the canned goods they found in the depths. Do you know I had pumpkin pie filling, pickled beets, Wolf brand chili, and canned mackerel in my cabinet? Well, now you do. I just told you.
As you might have noticed from the flyer, Shelf Reliance sells a lot more than cabinet organizers. They specialize in reasonably priced storage foods to help your family be prepared for emergencies. They also offer a lot of other products related to the subject to help you plan for all your family’s needs should things change dramatically.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!
One winner will receive a free Cansolidator Pantry Plus organizer!
To enter the giveaway, do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment here for each entry.
- Look around the Thrive site and leave a comment on this post telling which product is your favorite. You must do this to enter the giveaway. If you place an order, let us know what you chose! To give credit to the consultant who is sponsoring this giveaway, please make sure Heather Horton’s name shows in the upper right. If not, click the X to reset the site, then enter again through Heather’s link. Thank you!
- If you already own any Thrive products or have made other emergency preparations, leave another comment and tell us about it.
- Like Life in a Shoe on Facebook.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. There’s a button below to make it easy.
- Join the Life in a Shoe newsletter to be automatically entered in every giveaway. No need to leave a comment for this one! Note: this is not the same as subscribing to our blog posts.
- For 3 bonus entries, blog about this giveaway. Remember to leave 3 comments for this so you’ll be entered 3 times.
We will take entries until Friday, December 9, then choose a random winner!
Don’t forget to enter Life in a Shoe’s other giveaways today!
- Giveaway: Nursing Cover from Modest Mom
- HUGE Vision Forum giveaway: $600 in gift certificates! (plus $3,000 more)
- Giveaway: Flexi Clips from Lilla Rose