What’s that you say? Today isn’t Saturday? Well, we were busy Saturday watching Perry and the other guys from VF practice for next week’s annual football game with College Plus. 5 days and counting!
Since we’re on the topic of wargames – you do agree that football is a wargame, don’t you? – I’ll mention that today’s Deal Of The Day is a pair of High Impact Roman Short Swords for $42. These are perfect for sparring by big boys, who don’t mind a few bruises but prefer not to actually lose a limb. Another bonus: like boys but unlike wooden swords, they are nearly indestructible. Click through the link to see a video of the swords in action in the VF warehouse. :)
Speaking of Deal Of The Day, I spent Friday at VF helping to assemble a very fun upcoming Deal Of The Day. Keep an eye out, and subscribe to the DOTD daily email in the right sidebar so you never miss a great deal!
And – oh! It’s just launched! The 20% off Everything plus $5 flat shipping sale! Use the code ALLEXTRA20 to get your discount. [exp 11/19] Go, go, go! It even applies to already discounted items, which means you can get an extra $8.40 off those Roman swords, bringing today’s price down to $33.60.
This would be a good time to take a peek at the clearance outlet. Just a quick glance shows that with an extra 20% off, you could get Passionate Housewives for $6.40, Raising Maidens of Virtue for $9.60, Expelled DVD for $10, Praying Mantis Kit for $9.60, and Carson zPix 200 Digital Microscope for $76.
Sorry. This wasn’t supposed to be a Vision Forum post, but I’m excited about that sale and I knew about it ahead of time but was sworn to secrecy until the email went out. You are on the email list, right?
Silly Searches with Larry:
- What to do when basement floods feces – Sadly, you probably found what you were looking for. We’ve been there, done that, and lived to tell the story. This is only funny if it’s 1) Not your own house, or 2) At least 10 years ago.
- What should guys wear to labor and delivery – I don’t know but he’d better look good, because if a guy is having a baby the media is sure to be there.
- How to get baby to walk early - This is obviously your first child, and you haven’t yet realized that when they start to walk, they have 2 free hands. This is when the true destruction begins and your house will never again look the same.
- butterless biscuits – You’ll never find those words together on my blog! Well, except just now…
- why children should sit in church - We prefer for children to SIT in church because it’s disruptive to others when they do jumping jacks, play tag, get corrected by the preacher in the middle of a sermon, or run shrieking up the middle aisle and across the front of the church during the benediction because they think the pastor’s son is going to tickle them when the service is over. Not that any of our kids have ever done that, of course, because I already would have told you, right? Even if it was 16 years ago…
- if its dirty clean it – really? You needed google for this? Here’s a bonus tip: If somebody tells you it’s dirty even though it looks fine, go ahead and clean it. There’s probably poop, vomit or a dog involved.
What I’ve been reading:
What’s on your plate? Answer figuratively or literally. I had our first-ever homemade bruschetta on my plate last night. It was a big hit! It was our first attempt at fancy-schmancy Sunday snacks, and we’re inspired. What should we try next?