Q. I was wondering how you handle your maternity bills with Samaritan Ministries. We just found out that we will be having our third blessing in Nov! We have been members with Samaritan since Oct 2011 & have never had to process a need. It seems like my doc & the hospital just don’t get what we’re doing & I think our bills are going to suffer for it (we have always paid our bills on time – early actually, so it saddens me that they bristle now that we are “self pay”).
We’ve been happy members of Samaritan Ministries for about 6 years, and I have received many different versions of this question, so when I answered her privately I asked if it would be ok for me to share the response here as well. Of course she agreed.
- You’ll receive an acknowledgment that it was received and processed, and they’ll tell you when your need(s) will be published.
- Then you’ll receive a checklist telling you exactly who is supposed to send you money and how much.
- Now you’ll start receiving checks in the mail directly from other members like yourself. Most will arrive with cards and/or notes of prayer and encouragement.
- If you don’t receive everything by the date on the list, send the checklist back to Samaritan and any unreceived amounts will be assigned to other members the following month.
- Use the money to pay your providers, or reimburse yourself if you already paid out of your own pocket.
If you decide to join Samaritan Ministries, I would love for you to tell them that you heard about it from Kim Coghlan!