I think I have mentioned our interest in Krav Maga. Perry, Kaitlyn, Lydia and I started lessons last year, and when I learned I was pregnant Megan took my place. They love what they’re learning, and Perry and the girls have really gotten to know and love many of the people at The Spartan Pit.
A few weeks ago, one of the instructors at the gym lost her husband Wayne to a chronic medical condition. Amanda is now a very young widow with a 6yo daughter, and expecting twins in a few months. Because her husband’s condition was longterm, he was unable to carry life insurance, so the people at The Spartan Pit want to help her. That includes us!
Rudy, the owner of The Spartan Pit, has arranged a big fundraiser this Saturday to help Amanda and her little ones. There will be loads of fun for the whole family, including:
- BBQ Plate Sale by Nelson’s BBQ ($6/person)
- Parents Day Out (Drop off your children and pick them up later)
- Live Music
- DJ Guess Who
- Door Prizes
- Celebrity Guest Appearances by WWE and Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters
- Special guest appearances by Alamo City Roller Girls
- Dunk Tank to dunk Rudy!
- Face Painting
- Moon Bounce by Jump n More Inflatables
- Salsa & Swing Dancing Lessons
- Zumba Class
- Krav Maga Demo by Spartan Pit Krav Maga - including the Coghlan family
- Bake Sale - including chocolate M&M cookies by Kaitlyn
- Silent Auction - with many items donated by Vision Forum and other local businesses
- Raffles - “”
- Games and Contests at the top of every hour
- Food & Concessions
- Free Health Screenings
- SAPD Volunteers
- A Special Guest Appearance by Rudy “El Guapo” Hernandez!!
And much, much more!!! You can find details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/469386209761103/
Or just show up:
Giant Steps Early Learning School
7900 Old Tezel Road
San Antonio, TX 78250
Date: Saturday Sept, 29th
Time: 11am – 3pm
If you’re too busy or too far to join us, please consider donating to Amanda and her sweet little ones. Checks and money orders can be sent to:
The Spartan Pit
9135 Victory Pass
San Antonio, TX 78240
Put “Wayne Kee Memorial Fund” on the memo.
Or if you know and trust us, you can use paypal to send us your donation and we’ll write a check. Even very small donations add up, so please don’t be shy about helping this family.by Did you enjoy this post? Please share it with your friends!