I’m excited about this topic. It’s not so much because I have great ideas to share with you, as because I’m excited about food. Nursing a newborn will do that to you. 🙂
In an astounding coincidence, most of the foods on my list below also happen to be our own favorite winter treats. I’ll tell you about a few food gifts we have done in the past, then I want to sit back and read your great ideas!
Candy: here are two of our favorites, both very fast and easy and entirely too delicious. Don’t give these to dieters. That’s just unkind.
Poor Man’s Toffee – Addictive and impressive. Break or cut into pieces and arrange on a plate or platter. Add some fudge for variety.
Cheater’s Fudge – My favorite recipe is very easy, but there are endless variations to dress it up. You have to be a sick person to dislike fudge.
Drinks: put these in pretty jars with pretty lids. If you’re feeling generous, give a set of all 3 in a pretty basket with some mugs.
Russian Tea mix – I’m not a tea drinker, but this is really delicious on a cold morning.
Chai Tea mix – Even better than the Russian tea. Be sure to use real cardamom if you can find it. I get mine in bulk from the local health food store.
Homemade Cocoa mix – Rich, creamy, and not as sweet as the storebought mixes.
Baked goods: this list should definitely include your favorite cinnamon roll recipe. Here are two other favorites.
Braided Challah Bread – We make this for Communion every week, but it’s so delicious that we still never take it for granted and neither will your loved ones. It’s easy and beautiful, and makes a lovely gift. Wrap it in clear or tinted plastic wrap so they can see how pretty it is.
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll – A lot of work, but not so bad if you do a dozen at a time and just mess up the kitchen once. Wrap in white freezer paper and tie the ends with red ribbon. Cut in half before wrapping for single people and couples. A bigger family deserves the whole roll! Store in the freezer. These also sell nicely, if you’re up for the job.
Your turn. What is your favorite food gift? Even if you haven’t actually given it yet, what recipe do you think would make a fabulous gift? What have you found lately on Pinterest or elsewhere on the internet that you intend to try soon?
Please remember the linky rules:
- Your post must be family friendly.
- Link to a specific relevant post, not to the homepage of your blog.
- Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms.
- If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow these rules. We hope you’ll fix the problem and try again! If you don’t know why your link was deleted, just ask.
See what the other moms say:
Upcoming topics for 4 Moms:
- November 22 – Handling disrespectful attitudes
- November 29 – Q&A
- December 6 – Quick and Easy Holiday Crafts
- December 13 – Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes
- November 8 – 4 Moms on Helping Kids Keep Up With Technology (?!)
- November 1 – Q&A with the 4 Moms: competitiveness, pregnancy and newborns, Bible for little ones
- October 25 – 4 Moms: How do you keep the car clean?
- October 18 – 4 Moms on Food Preservation
- October 11 – 4 Moms: Introducing kids to technology
- October 4 – Q&A with the 4 Moms
- September 27 – 4 Moms address biblical femininity and modesty in girls