I have now posted for over 50 days straight, and I plan to continue for 25 Day of Christmas in December. That will be 3 months straight, if I don’t crumple into a heap of post-partum emotions like I did last Christmas.
Last Christmas was an emotional roller-coaster for me – and probably for everyone around me, thanks to the trickle-down effect. I was a mess, and I didn’t do a great job of keeping it to myself. Although I look toward this holiday season with some apprehension, I am thankful to be feeling much better this year.
That’s big, but I’m also thankful for the little things in life:
- soft fuzzy socks
- fleecy jackets
- pretty scarves
- clouds in every shape, size and texture imaginable
- a cool breeze on a hot day
- ice water on a warm afternoon
- hot shower on a cold morning
- the lock on the bathroom door
- the smell of coffee, even when I can’t drink it
- coffee flavored ice cream
- a child’s smile
- a baby’s laugh
- Chili Cheese Fritos
- my coffee cup with pics of the whole family
I’d love to hear from you today. What are some of the little things in life that remind you to be thankful? Why?