Photo shoot

So, during my little blog hiatus Perry and I had a quick photo shoot.  I know we’re long overdue for an update to our photo header, but this one was more fun and much easier.

We shared one of the photos on Facebook, but it was really hard to choose a favorite so I’m going to share my six favorites here.  Which is your favorite?

IMG_5933 IMG_5929

IMG_5928 IMG_5926

IMG_5920 IMG_5919

Comments

1. CONGRATS ! Such a cool idea as well :)

2. Congrats!!! and very creative

3. Oh wow, congratulations!!!! SUCH wonderful news!!!! I did NOT get the ice, ice baby thing at all ! I guess I just don’t know those songs! But still – cute!

4. Oh My Gosh!! So So excited for you all! Plus, I love even numbers. So I was really hoping for number 12. I’m also kinda jealous….my “baby” is 2 and a half (and a couple months, ahem). I just don’t know if I can get pregnant anymore, my hormones have been soooo weird since baby 5! Perhaps God has other plans for me now?

Congrats and blessings! May your pregnancy go well and your delivery too! :oD

5. ice ice baby. that. is. hilarious! it took me a minute to get it :) congratulations!!!

6. Congratulations! Cute Pictures.

7. are you expecting TWINS? (hence the TWO bags of ICE..) I love this announcement – especially the one with the two of you kissing. :) Congratulations! I LOVE big families! my husband and I are currently on our way to a big family. so far we have 4 children ages 6, 4, 2, and 1. 2 of our children are more or less mildly special needs. I am starting a blog to try to help other families with Life with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). as it turns out, not only is my son (4) on the Spectrum, so is my Husband. the dynamics in our home are so interesting… and I am learning so much every day. I want to share my story and research in an attempt to help others. :)

• No, Teresa, no twins. They do run in the family, but I’m not getting big fast enough to be carrying twins. The two bags of ice are just a reference to the old pop/rap song by Vanilla Ice: Ice, Ice Baby.

8. Whitney Proctor says:

I LOVE #5! Congratulations and blessings :)

9. I like #5, and I like your t-shirt about him, but his…?

10. Congratulations from Arkansas once again! Good to see you’re back to blogging!

11. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the announcement, too!

12. Congratulations!

13. No problem commenting

14. Congratulations! :) My three babies were all born fairly near the same times as your last three, so it is a bit interesting to me that we are not expecting here at this time!

15. Mama Mirage says:

Love it!

16. Julie T. says:

Yay! Congrats! So exciting! I had guessed you were not, but was hoping to be wrong. (: I’m expecting end of Sep. My first was born mid May, when is Calvin’s birthday? Anyway, this time around is similar. And you look great, btw! My favorite is #5. (:

17. congrats! Had to click to here to figure out the ice part, fun announcement idea. :-)

18. Congratulations! I like the second photo o the right. It looks like a really heartfelt kiss.

• marybeth,
      My personal favorites were the smoochy ones and the one where we are looking at each other. I hate cameras, so wanted to look anywhere but THERE!

19. Ha! Love your announcement! I saw that one when I was searching for a fun way to announce my current pregnancy and laughed out loud along with my husband. (We ended up choosing to do a pic of our youngest -pouty face & all- in her crib with an “Eviction Notice” attached.)
    I started reading your blog sometime between Bethany and Parker, which was also around the time my husband got a reversal surgery. Our first reversal baby was born 2 months after Parker and then our second reversal baby (first girl after 5 boys woohoo! : ) was born 2 months after Calvin. I’ve been wondering if you would tell us soon that you were expecting cause I’m now pregnant again. You messed up the pattern, though, cause I’m due in early November too! How bout you go a month early & I’ll go a month late. On second thought… scratch that idea! Maybe we’ll just push ‘em out at the same time and start a new pattern : )

No pressure or anything, but your blog is one of my all-time favs. It’s kinda like a soap opera… you just can’t help but come back the next day to see what happens ; ) (I don’t really watch soaps) I say all that to say… Please Don’t Stop Blogging! Us faithful followers will have to go on some type of withdrawal meds!
    Sorry for taking up so much space in your comments, but I have one last important thing to tell you… My brother actually shaved one of his eyebrows to look like Vanilla Ice : )

• Kelly,
      The eviction notice sounds like a really fun idea! Our 17mo is still sleeping in the pack-n-play, so we’ll have to work on transitioning him in the the near future. There’s no hurry, though, because I like to use a travel bed with newborns. I just want Calvin out of the pack-n-play far enough ahead of time that he won’t feel like his bed is being taken over by the new baby.
      Congrats on your reversal babies! It sounds like we’re neck and neck this time. I think I’m due 11/4 but I tend to go the weekend after my duedate so we’re thinking Nov 6 or 7. Of course it’s never more than a guess, so we’ll see what happens!
      Your brother’s eyebrow – hilarious! I have a brother-in-law who did a mean Vanilla Ice impersonation back in the day. He even looks like him – or did back then.

20. Sarah D. says:

Congratulations!!! I like #4 and #5. =)

21. Congratulations!! What a fun way to announce such awesome news!

22. I didn’t get the “ice” reference at all (thankfully, Google clued me in!), but congratulations–what a wonderful blessing for you and your family! :)

23. Yay!! Congratulations!!

24. Number 5 (the one you put on facebook) is the best. It shows the strongest connection between the two (three) of you.

25. Tami Lewis says:

Fantastic! So happy for you!

26. Word to the mother. ;)
    Congratulations!

27. No, not twins – as far as we know. They do run strongly in the family, but I don’t have any twin symptoms so far. The two bags of ice are just a reference to the popular 90’s song, Ice, Ice, Baby.
    I just passed the 10 week mark a few days ago, so am due in early November.

28. Sheila Mom to Seven says:

Wonderful! Congratulations!
    I wondered if it meant twins, too…:)

29. ICE ICE BABY! LOL! This is the funniest baby announcement I’ve seen. It hit me what you were portraying as I was getting ice for my little ones cups of water this morning. Congrats! You are so blessed! :)

30. Hooray! I couldn’t pick a favorite. Y’all are just cute. :-)

31. Courtney says:

I like number five best. How far along are you?

32. Chrissie says:

Congrats!! I have been wondering since you posted the poll a little while ago!! I can’t pick a fav, they are all so cute!!!

33. You are pg with twins??!! Either way, congratulations!!!! Btw, you look so young and fit!

34. It’s not twins is it?

35. I totally thought those were bags of flour at first! I thought it was a “bun in the oven” reference. I had to look really close before I realized it was ice!
    The two in the bottom row are my favorite :)

36. Cindee Nebeker says:
    • Cindee, that’s the one we ended up sharing on Facebook. It was a very tough choice, but that one just barely won the general household vote.

37. Are you going to put up a pregnancy countdown this time?

38. #2 or #5

2 looks tough and rough and like he knows what he’s doing in life.

#5 well lets just say its fun to look at each other and wonder what in the world the maker of the womb is really up to…… Cause there are always interesting surprises.

39. #2 is my favorite. Congratulations! Love the reference.

40. Pregnant?!