Believe it or not, it hasn’t taken us this long to give the baby a name. It’s just taken us this long to get around to announcing his name.
And now that I think of it, maybe we won’t announce it just yet. Maybe we could make a bit of a riddle out of it for those who didn’t already stumble across the leaked information on Facebook.
- His first name is an English occupational surname, which also happens to be my dad’s and brother’s middle name.
- I think it sounds very nice with his older brother’s name. This is important because I expect to be yelling their names together a lot in the years to come.
- The first name is also the surname of a super-hero’s alter ego, which occasionally causes the little ones to mistakenly call him by the alter ego’s first name instead. Now that I think about it, he (the baby, that is) is kind of a scrawny little guy. The super-hero’s name might make an amusing and appropriate nickname.
- His middle name is the surname of an historical figure in whom our family has taken a rather personal interest over the last year, particularly in June and July.
- This new little man of ours has the same 3 initials as his father and older brother. Oh – and his paternal grandfather, of course, Perry II.
Can you figure out his full name?